OSCCA Staff Profiles
Dr George Eapen
Consultant Neuroanaesthetist & Neurointensivist
Areas of expertise:
Traumatic Brain Injury; perioperative care
Qualifications and Background:
MBBS, FRCA, FFICM
Current Research Interests
- CENTER TBI: Principle Investigator George Eapen (Consultant Anaesthetist). Collaborative European NeuroTrauma Effectiveness Research in Traumatic Brain Injury. European funded NIHR portfolio study. 70 centres in 20 European countries. Study in Sheffield started APRIL 2015.
Active undergraduate teaching profile. Member of:
- RCOA ACSA reviewer
1. A randomized single blinded study of the administration of pre-warmed fluid vs. active fluid warming on the incidence of peri- operative hypothermia in short surgical procedures. Anaesthesia 2010; 65(9):942-945J. Andrzejowski, D. K. Turnbull, A. Nandakumar, S Gowthaman and G. Eapen
2. Reducing the risk of fatal and disabling hypoglycaemia: a comparison of arterial blood sampling systems. Br J Anaesth. 2010;104:446-451,Brennan KA, Eapen G, Turnbull D
3. Risk Assessment Tool Improves Venous Thromboprophylaxis in Neurosurgical Patients.Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology: July 2011 - Volume 23 - Issue 3 - 278-287. P. Bonnett, J. Fraser, A. Razak, G. Eapen
4. A Pilot study to Assess if delayed cerebral ischemia following subarachnoid haemorrahge affects interhemispehric variation measured using bilateral bispectral index monitoring(BBis). Journal of Neurosurgical Anaesthetsiology: J Neurosurg Anesthesiol _ Volume 26, Number 4, October 2014J.C. Andrzejowski, K. Brennan, MRCS FRCA, D.Turnbull, MD, FRCA, G. Eapen, FRCA,FFICM, U. Patel, MD, FRCSw,M.D. Wiles, MMedSci (ClinEd), MRCP, FRCA, FFICM*.