OSCCA Staff Profiles
Email address: Sumayer.Sanghera@sth.nhs.uk
MBChB, FRCA, BSc Hons (pharmacolcogy)
Position within the Trust: Regional Adviser
Other posts (e.g. membership of specialist bodies etc):
Preoperative Society, Vascular Anaesthetic Society
Brief overview of Research Background/ activity:
- Anaemia in preoperative patients
- PI for PREVENTT –Preoperative anaemia –double blind randomised control looking at iv iron vs placebo – in major open abdominal surgery (October 2013 provisionally)
- Arm and ankle blood pressure measurement during caesarean section
- Spinal Diamorphine and caesarean section
- Opiate receptors in the spinal cord (pharmacology research during the degree).
- QUIPP For Elective AAA Repair with Dr Alastair Glossop
- Audit of Enhanced recovery of primary joint replacements
Principle Investigator for Sheffield for Preoperative intravenous iron to treat anaemia in major surgery (PREVENTT- NIHR AND NATA) – one of the highest recruiters in the study for this CTIMP
Principle Investigator for Sheffield for ISOS
Principle Investigator for Sheffield for POPULAR
Spinal Diamorphine – oral presentation at the Obstetric Anaesthetists Association as a trainee
- Analgesia mediated by Kappa receptors. European Journal of Anaesthesia, Vol 8 pp227-231, 1991 Goodchild CS, Sanghera S, Serrao JM and Gent JP.
- “Local anaesthetic loss during simulated spinal anaesthesia” Anaesthesia 54(6) 613-614 1999. Sanghera S and Park GR.
- “Arm and ankle blood pressure during caesarean section” Vol 15, (1) 24-27 Jan 2006 Sanghera S, North A, Abernethy S and Wrench I
- “Dose response to spinal diamorphine in the presence of regular NSAID Therapy – a study in patients undergoing caesarean section.” International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia 2007 p17-21