Improving patient care through research is central to everything we do, and we are committed to providing world-class facilities capable of transforming the lives of patients living in Sheffield and beyond.
Our state-of-the-art facilities include:
- Two cutting-edge NIHR Clinical Research Facilities, enabling over 30,000 patients to take part in cutting-edge research, including potentially life-saving research into diabetes, heart, respiratory, bone and kidney diseases
- A purpose-built Cancer Clinical Trials Centre, which has provided over 5,000 cancer patients with the opportunity to get involved in high quality cancer research over the past ten years
- A £18m Sheffield Institute for Translational Research in Neuroscience dedicated to bringing new hope and treatments for people suffering with motor neurone disease
- The Insigneo Institute for in silico Medicine, where over 80 doctors and scientists from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the University of Shefield are working together, alongside partners throughout Europe, to recreate the entire human body using powerful computers
- The Clinical Trials Research Unit, which provides support and advice to researchers planning or running clinical trials and other clinical evaluation to international regulatory standard
To discuss projects or to get help forming collaborations across our research community please click here.