Specialised Rehabilitation Lay Advisory Panel
The main purpose of the Lay Advisory Panel is to ensure that research and services carried out within the Specialised Rehabilitation Directorate are patient focused.
Who can become a member of the Panel?
Members of the Panel need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
Have knowledge / experience of:
- spinal cord injury services
- amputee rehabilitation or prosthetic limb services
- orthotic services
- wheelchair or special seating services
- gait services
- functional electrical stimulation services
- Are a carer or relative of a patient requiring specialised rehabilitation
- Have previously participated or are currently participating in a research study
For Further information please look at the following documentation
The Directorate also hosts the Mobility and Specialised Rehabilitation Centre Patient Partnership Group (M&SRC PPG) established in 2014 and has links to the Pressure Ulcer Service User Network (PURSAN).
If you would like to know more, please contact Dr Debby Hawkins on